I write the family Christmas newsletter but really it is just a snapshot of things we’ve all done and I miss out things that I’ve done and things that they’ve done too. So in reflection of the John and Yoko song “So this is Christmas … another year over and what have we done?” I thought I would look at what I’ve done.
It was at the beginning of January in my new journal diary that I wrote “Boldness to search for my true dreams and to walk them out.” To being with things didn’t go as expected …
- I’ve had a poem published on a Mindfulness website
- I’ve been hung out with some amazing writers in the South West and enjoyed some Sundays and a whole bank holiday weekend with them
- I’ve realised that even though I’m a great encourager and youth worker, which makes me a great learning support mentor and assistant, I am a rubbish tutor and easily sidetracked – into youth working and encouraging.
- Again I’m a great encourager and supporter but doing someone’s admin isn’t fun even if they find me helpful and my presence in their office encouraging.
- I’ve been to Dublin to pray with the Interweave group
- I’ve been up to the Isle of Arran and enjoyed time with friends and time alone and time with my husband
- I’ve realised I don’t need to keep going to the end and if I stop one thing then a door can open to another – I stopped the Creative Writing for Therapeutic Purposes MSc at PGCert stage which then opened the door for Ian and I to do something together
- And that something was to plot and plan and sell our house and make the move to Abergele in North Wales.
- I’ve been in a play in which I wrote my own script and have been asked to collaborate with the director and other writer again.
- I went for 2 interviews and got both of them but only took the one which actually led to a huge leap in confidence for me 🙂
- I’ve had lunches and drank coffee with wonderful friends over the year
- I’ve driven miles to support my children in what they do and will continue to be that sort of mum – supporting, encouraging and mentoring.
- I went to Greenbelt and volunteered in The Tank again this year though without my daughter, but this time spent lots of time with a lovely friend I hadn’t seen in ages, and deepened a friendship with a fellow blogger
- I’ve blogged intermittently over the year on things I want to share, gaining some friends through what I’ve written and losing others.
- I’ve looked after 4 fish and 2 shrimps for 12 months now
- Taken our last chicken to her retirement home before we move
- Walked miles with my dog in all winds and weathers
- And so much more that I know once I send this post that I will think of other things
So this is my year in bullet point. I’ve enjoyed it and wonder what will come of next year. The word I have written in my diary is “Blank Page – wait for the writer to write”
I know each year never turns out how I expected but I must say that this is the first year I’ve felt like I’m standing on the threshold not having a clue. All I know is that at some point in the next 3 weeks we will be on the move to Abergele. I don’t even know the date for that. And what will our lives look like in Abergele? Who knows? But I do know it will be an adventure and I can walk with God, and with friends old and new.
WATCH THIS SPACE!